TN Visas were established by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in order to enable temporary work in the United States for Canadian and Mexican nationals who have been authorized for temporary employment with the assistance of immigration lawyer Bradenton FL.
In order to improve economic and commercial ties between the United States, Canada, and Mexico, the conference was held.
These citizens may apply for two distinct kinds of TN status, each of which has its own requirements. There are two types of TNs: TN-1 for Canadian professionals and TN-2 for Mexican professionals.
The candidates must have a qualification in one of the following areas of expertise.
Accepted NAFTA Professions must conform to non-immigrant categories in order to remain in the country.
Permanent residents of Canada or Mexico are unable to apply for a TN visa. There is no annual quota for the TN Visa, which means that all eligible candidates have an equal chance of being granted a visa each year.
TN Visa Requirements
- Citizens of Canada or Mexico are required to get a TN visa.
- A profession recognized by NAFTA qualifies you for this position.
- A demonstration that the job in the United States needs a NAFTA-trained individual.
- The participant has prepared a part-time or full-time position with the business in the United States. The use of this visa for self-employment is not permitted.
- Evidence that the participant’s qualifications and educational requirements are compatible with the position’s criteria.
TN Visa Qualifications
- A company in the United States must employ the applicant from Mexico or Canada because TN status is not available for self-employment in the United States.
- In certain occupations, there are additional criteria in addition to a bachelor’s degree to be considered. In any situation in which a license is needed, one issued by a licensing body in any province or state in Mexico, Canada, or the United States is accepted.
- On the other hand, the worker does not need to be traveling to the United States for a normal 9-to-5 job to qualify.
- Personnel seeking part-time employment, temporary training in their field of expertise, or to give seminars may also qualify for TN status under certain circumstances.
Provided the applicant meets the requirements and submits the required documentation with the help of immigration lawyer Bradenton FL, and if he or she is not otherwise “inadmissible” to the United States, acceptance of the visa application is highly probable.
However, a person who plans to apply for a green card separately while in the United States may be refused TN status because he or she does not comply with the condition that he or she intends to remain only temporarily in the country.
The acquisition of any visa, whether immigrant or non-immigrant, entails a considerable outlay of both time and resources. The best approach to safeguard your investment and ensure that you are on the best possible path to obtaining your TN visa is to engage an immigration lawyer in Bradenton FL to assist you through the process and deal with any unexpected hurdles.