Shale shaker is one of the most important equipment to separate mud from drilled solids. The separation concept is very simple and is completed with the help of Shale Shaker Replacement Screens. The drilling fluid is passed on top of the shaker screen, which is a mesh screen made of woven metal and the solids smaller than the mesh passes through the screen while the larger ones stay on the screen and are discarded eventually.
There are various shale shaker screens available in the market today with distinct sizes of mesh and weaving types. This variance helps you decide to choose the best screen according to your drilling and separation requirements. With the wrong selection, you might end up losing the drilled liquid or the important ingredients.
Kinds of Shaker Screens
- Metal Framed Screen: As the name says, these are metal framed and are broadly used across the globe. They are enabled of switching motion quickly according to the drilling conditions. They are extremely competent in segregating solids from drilling fluid.
- Composite screen: This screen is made of compound material with steel support. It has more advanced technology and design as compared to the Metal Framed Screens with longer screen life and reusability.
- Flat Screen: Flat screen Shale Shaker is the most common and traditional shale shaker that is cost-effective as well. It is most commonly used in Derrick Shaker Screen and is fabricated with stainless steel wire layers and a steel backing plate joined together.
- Pyramid Screen: This screen is made from new screening technology increasing the fluids’ handling capacity and screening performance as well. As compared to a Flat Screen Shale Shaker, it has an increased area.
- Hook Strip Screens: These screens are the most widely used nowadays. The panel is made with 2 or 3 stainless steel layers linked to a steel support plank. Accessory rubber plugs can be later inserted into the screen tearings. These rubber plugs can reduce production costs.
Shale Shaker Screens Maintenance
- Ensuring good shape: A shale shaker screen should be maintained. Stored and installed properly to prevent it from any damage and eventually making it durable and sustainable. Also, screen tension should always be done appropriately as over-tension or under-tension may hamper the screen’s performance.
- Timely Scrutiny of the Screen: Checking the Shale Shaker Screen’s working, on time to time basis, ensures proper working of the screen for a longer period and in case any issue occurs, proper maintenance or solution can be provided timely.
- Competent Working: For smooth functioning of the shaker screen and optimized performance rate, it is essential to maintain the shaker screen.
Shale Shaker Screen with superior quality and durable life is the most approachable part used in drilling fluids. These screens are best for separating solids from drilled fluids. The better segregation process of these Shale Shaker Replacement Screens and less loss of fluid lower the mud bills. All the screens are available with high quality and affordable design options.