So many people have so many different ideas or hacks as to how students should study to perform to their level best: Study hard, study late, solve ICSE Sample Paper, etc. But not a lot of people can provide the students with some clarity as to what path they should embark upon, what their strategy should be and what they should be focusing on.
ICSE Class 10 board examination is no joke and with the datesheet being revised, students need to be more careful now, than ever. Securing pass scores or barely scraping through is not difficult but is that all you want? If you want to secure the highest score by studying for just the last 30 days, then this article is for you.
That being said, this needs to be clarified: this is not a crash course of any kind. It is a directive body of information that can help you get more organized and make the best utilization of the given 30 days.
30 days’ Roadmap – Increase your chances at success in ICSE Class 10 board examinations
Depending on your mindset and the way you approach the entire preparation scenario, 30 days can either be just enough time for you to secure the maximum score or it can be ruled out as a possibility, altogether. Here is a detailed roadmap to academic excellence in class 10 ICSE board examinations, in just 30 days:
- Stick to your schedule – Make a schedule that you feel you can religiously follow. Structure begins with schedule and without schedule you will never be able to achieve academic brilliance. Formulate a schedule that allows you to make the best of the 30 days. This means balancing out each subject with enough hours, setting aside time for entertainment, rest, solving ICSE Question Banks, etc. The benefit of scheduling yourself is that you get to keep a track record of your progress. This way, if things are not working in your favour, you can always resort to your schedule, make necessary changes and switch things up. Furthermore, a schedule will allow you to divide up the hours of each day in the most efficient manner, to allow you to make the best of each day and help you make progress in more than just a couple of subjects, simultaneously.
- Work on your strengths first – Contrary to popular belief, students should try and focus on embellishment and developing their fortes so that they can answer any questions about those topics. Since the time left is insufficient for you to work on your strengths and turn your weaknesses into your strengths as well, you should ideally focus on your best bets and make sure they remain the same on the day of the examination. Focus on the areas that you feel more comfortable about and make sure you are more than just well-equipped with information from the same so that you can guarantee a perfect score when it comes to questions from those topics. Solve questions from ICSE Sample Paper Class 10 2021 that target those areas and to Buy Best ICSE Sample Paper Class 10 2021, Click Here.
- Take breaks often – If you’re having difficulty focusing or you feel like it’s becoming a bit of a drag and you aren’t being able to study with the same efficiency level, then stop. Spending hours behind the books isn’t going to get you anywhere. What you need to focus on, instead, is to ensure that whatever duration of time you study for, is highly productive and gives you the returns. Don’t push yourself too hard or try to force it on yourself – it will not help. Instead, take a short 5-minute break, rejuvenate yourself and come back with new-found vigour. Since 30 days is very little time to cover the syllabus, you will have to spend long hours between various books. However, make sure you take short breaks now and then to keep yourself functional and your mind productive.
- Write what you read – It is a studying technique that has benefited thousands of students across the world. When we learn something new, it is often difficult for us to recall it once a considerable amount of time passes. It is only going to be accentuated in this case because now you only have 30 days and a heap of information to process and retain. That is why you should paraphrase and write down what you read in the form of self-made notes. This trains you in three ways: one, it helps you improve your sentence-framing skills; two, it helps you remember faster and understand better since it is almost like teaching yourself and three, it helps you make notes that you can come back to when revising, thus avoiding ruffling through pages to get the information you need.
- Solve Papers – Sample papers and question banks are like tools that you can work with to improve your overall aptitude and skill set efficiency. Time yourself when solving the papers for a real-time board examination experience. The first few results will be anything but satisfactory but with enough practice, you will improve and by the time you are appearing for the examinations, you are used to the pressure and you automatically perform better than most. Also, read solved Sample papers and ICSE Question Bank Class 10 2021 because they contain well-structured answers and a lot of additional information that you cannot find in most textbooks. Solving Papers leads to the development of confidence, better time management abilities and also trains you to frame better answers, much quicker. To Find Best ICSE Question Bank Class 10 2021, Click Here.
- Challenge yourself every step of the way – With only 30 days in hand, your main objective should be to be better than what you were yesterday. This means testing yourself with worksheets, researching questions that you couldn’t answer before, etc. Challenging yourself is to better yourself. Reduce the total hours of sleep slowly, workout for 30 mins more or try and cover an extra chapter within the same schedule. These are the things that you must aim at so that you can grow and be better with each passing day.
These are the 6 in pointers that together constitute the perfect 30-day roadmap to ICSE class 10 board examination success.