If you run a business, the chances are that you’ve thought about moving to an online productivity suite. The two most popular in recent years are Google’s G Suite and Microsoft 365. Touted as “innovative” and “the next big thing,” Microsoft’s productivity suite is a revolutionary concept for operating systems and computing. But why should you choose Microsoft over the others?
- It’s cloud-based. Doing all your computing in the cloud means you always have access to your files as long as you’re connected to the Internet, says Gant Systems. Office 365’s tools will work on any PC/Mac, tablet, or smartphone. With O365, you can use the online versions of the productivity suite or install them on your device.
- It’s secure. Whether you’re using the version of O365 installed on your machine, or the cloud version, you’ll get the best level of security and encryption. The same set of Rights Management Services applies to both. None of your files can be accessed without Microsoft’s proper user credentials set up and monitored. This provides the best security and control over your Microsoft 365 data.
- Data is backed up. Microsoft’s Office 365 offers its form of checks and balances, 24/7 support that’s always on-call, and OneDrive to store all your files. But it’s always a good idea to have an extra layer of protection by using a Managed Services Provider (MSP) who can monitor your backups and add an extra layer of security if your data is compromised or lost.
Office 365 offers major advantages over others. There are pros and cons when moving your operations to the cloud, as with anything worth doing. However, there are some major advantages when using the Microsoft Cloud:
- You can work anywhere. If you have an internet connection, you can use your data anywhere and on any device. You can check emails, access files, and work on a project from the same place – even if that place happens to be on the other side of the world.
- Easy collaboration between coworkers. How often have you had multiple people working together on the same project only to have one missing version? With Office 365, you can avoid this. According to Gant Systems, collaborators can work on the same file and get changes in real-time. You can also share files as links right from OneDrive, rather than as attachments.
- Access to the latest versions of programs. Imagine having access to the most current versions of Word, Excel, and Outlook without having to pay extra or reinstall programs. All the most recent versions of everything in the Microsoft Office Suite are available with an Office 365 subscription.
Microsoft Office 365 is a very good example of what a cloud service can be and what more businesses are turning to for their cloud needs. Cloud computing is becoming a big part of more companies’ tech strategies, and Office 365 is an excellent way to jump into the cloud.